Talent Acquisition Specialist
Toronto, ON, Canada
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies including: international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Daisybeck, Blackfin and Whizz Kid Entertainment; live entertainment leaders Round Room Live; world-class music companies Audio Network, Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for sourcing top talent to meet the needs of eOne across North America. This includes participating in the full recruitment life cycle, from sourcing to selection, and collaborating with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to gain an understanding of the ideal applicants for the company. You will be working in a fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative culture and have a strong sense of urgency, awesome interpersonal skills, knowledge of full cycle recruitment, diverse and inclusive hiring practices, and experience identifying A+ talent.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process for Canada and the US
- Lead, and partner with the Recruitment Coordinator on full cycle recruitment
- Partner with hiring managers across multiple cities and support our US and Canadian offices
- Play a key role in partnering across the business on the best diverse and inclusive hiring practices, interviewing, and closing strategies
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to identify current and upcoming vacancies and develop recruitment strategies
- Maintain a pipeline of talented active and passive candidates
- Provide excellent communication with hiring managers on an ongoing basis
- Source active and passive candidates, and continuously update applicant tracking system with potential candidates for current and upcoming positions
- Identify best channels for internal and external advertising of job vacancies, including internal job boards, professional associations, other job boards, social media outlets, and recruitment events
- Screen incoming and on-file applicant resumes, and asses for job and organizational fit.
- Conduct background checks, reference checks (via online system) and pre-employment testing
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers on the development of new hire compensation packages
- Maintain communication with applicants and hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Ensure positions are filled in a timely manner and that recruitment milestones are achieved
- Ensure compliance of hiring practices with legislation
- Manage budget of recruitment activities for Canada and US
- Manage staffing requisitions and ensure they are approved before continuing the recruitment process
- Serve as a point of contact for career and application inquiries
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources including a degree or postgraduate certificate
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle recruitment
- Agency and in-house experience is preferred
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations surrounding recruitment and selection practices in the US & Canada
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry would be an asset
- Strong consultative service orientation
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relationships
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to establish credibility and trust
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to schedule tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment
Entertainment One is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.