The Walt Disney Studios
Burbank, CA, USA
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The HR Specialist serves as a sounding board and provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. The person in this role has the ability to take ambiguous situations and provide clarity. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
- In partnership with Global HR Operations (GHRO), support on-boarding related activities with a focus on coaching managers with the onboarding plans and strategy for integration (i.e. new manager assimilation needs, key talent information)
- In partnership with GHRO and leadership, coordinate off-boarding related activities – to include HR partnership on sensitive separations, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across the client group and cross-functional HR partners
- Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures, to include:
- Position Management – in partnership with GHRO and the Segment Org management team
- Organizational chart management for client areas (where applicable as this is sometimes done by the business)
- Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns, partnership on Townhalls, New Hire Welcome lunches, Speaker series, etc.
- Provides information to leaders and HRBP’s in the development of talent solutions, resources for career development, client specific learning opportunities and/or job descriptions for recruitment
- Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
- Create reports and/or presentations that discuss the findings of a research effort or project – be able to present information and show key findings to a variety of leaders, peers, clients and partners
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner – both internally and externally
- Solid knowledge of HR systems, policies and processes including: SAP (Display HR Master Data, Org hierarchy overview, and Display position), hiring approval process, performance management process, and talent and succession planning processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Proven ability to work with confidential information – while exercising sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment – while being flexible, adaptable and demonstrating an ability to problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook; SAP and the Internet
- Ability to effectively manage project work while balancing priorities
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in an HR client facing professional role
- Experience with Visio, Excel, tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.