HR Business Partner
Austin, TX, USA
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Austin, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Visual Concepts is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our People team. Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive HR experience who will contribute at both a strategic and hands-on level to develop and deliver talent strategies that support business objectives.
In this role, you will support all People initiatives and activities for our VC Austin team. You will develop and maintain effective business partnerships and serve as a consultant in all people-related areas. This role will report to the Director of Human Resources and partner with site leadership. We prefer the position to be onsite with the team in Austin.
Who You Are:
- A Trusted Partner: You will build strong relationships with employees at all levels and work to identify and develop key HR initiatives and processes with key stakeholders.
- Team Player: You have a true hands-on approach and are willing to jump in and help out where needed, while collaborating with the broader People team and HR partners globally
- An Analytical Thinker: Your step-by-step approach to thinking allows you to understand HR policies and implications. You have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, demonstrating a passion for providing and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with HR leadership on the review and development of new and/or existing HR policies, procedures, and practices; makes recommendations for improvements and changes
- Leverage proficiency in communication, influencing, coaching, consulting and change management to drive excellence in People service delivery
- Work to promote an innovative and creative culture where employees can achieve high levels of job satisfaction and productivity
- Work in partnership with HR & Talent Acquisition leadership to anticipate and support hiring needs and challenges and provide input into solutions; plans and manages employee orientation/ onboarding activities to foster positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires
- Participate in all company-wide HR programs and systems initiatives as representative of VC Austin; gather & escalate feedback and requirements, and support the VC Austin needs and perspectives
- Manage employee departures, including preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation; conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provide periodic reports to Studio leadership
- Facilitate effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Lead and manage employee transfer/relocation activities
- Work closely with legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field and 5+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management experience preferred
- Game industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, candidates, and groups of managers
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and immigration
Your application has been successfully submitted.