Director Global Talent Acquisition
San Francisco, CA, USA
At Fandom, we put fans first. As the largest entertainment site with 330 million monthly uniques , we are excited in taking the next steps in becoming a truly integral part of the entertainment fan experience—not only by accelerating the creation of the reference content we are known for but also by helping fellow fans connect over their passions through new avenues of content creation while aiding the discovery of their next favorite entertainment titles.
We are seeking an experienced and energized Director, Global Talent Acquisition to build and lead our workforce function globally and must thrive in a highly dynamic and evolving environment. The Director, Global TA will report into the Chief People Officer and manage a global team. With offices worldwide, this talent leader will be ideally located in San Francisco and travel up to 20% of the time to manage a distributed team of over 5 employees that spans senior recruiter to coordinator levels across the US and EMEA.
About Your Role:
Make the recruitment machine at Fandom hum! Establish/rebuild Talent Acquisition processes and ensure great experiences for our hiring managers, and a sense of hospitality for our candidates. As the owner of KPIs and metrics, develop a team that is data-centric and skilled with the Talent Acquisition tech stack and resources required. Partner with the People Team on compensation benchmarking, career development, company culture initiatives, on-boarding, employer branding, diversity & inclusion programs, rewards & recognition, and training. Own the onboarding process for both new hires and acquihires, extending the concept of hospitality into their first days, weeks, and months at Fandom. Drive the ebb and flow of hiring globally and as an ambassador for Fandom and our People Team, express the values and culture in every single one of your interactions.
You will help with...
- Workforce Planning: Drive workforce planning and forecasting. Leverage data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans. Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business.
- Recruiting Leadership: Lead and direct a resourceful, proactive, and solution-oriented recruiting department. Guide the team to execute against objectives and adjust to shifting organizational priorities. Provide guidance, share knowledge, create, leverage best practices, and facilitate training. Provide feedback and coaching to develop and scale the talent acquisition team for growth and global reach.
- Applicant Tracking, Metrics & Reporting: Determine recruiting strategy to achieve company growth objective with targets and KPIs to measure talent acquisition success. Optimize ATS (Greenhouse) to ensure maximum value and usability, and ensure interoperability with HCM (BambooHR) for onboarding. Monitor and review progress against recruitment goals and objectives and analyze recruiting activity and metrics to provide insights and recommendations as needed. Develop reports and dashboards and routinely communicate status and progress to leadership.
- Program Development: Own and drive the development of recruiting programs including interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships, and outreach recruiting. Develop programs that are creative, transformative, and support the short and long-term goals and vision of the company. Develop and execute diversity and inclusion recruitment strategies and embed into programs and practices.
- Candidate Experience: Drive engagement with candidates using personalization and proactive, customized interaction. Partner with hiring teams, IT, Workplaces, and other stakeholders to continually refine and deliver a compelling candidate and new-hire experience.
- Onboarding: Design and orchestrate orientation programs (first day, first week, first month and first quarter) and organize broader teams to enable new employees to ramp up quickly. Ensure a smooth admin process (new info to the HCM for payroll, for example) and provide appropriate communication with new hires prior to start date to provide necessary information to ensure a smooth onboarding. Gather candidate experience feedback from new hires.
- 10+ years of overall recruiting leadership experience—the majority of which should be technical and business recruiting in a fast-growth technology company
- Self-awareness and ability to continually learn and improve
- Proven track record of developing people and leading high-performing teams
- Ability to maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details in a sometimes ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to pilot, test, and expand
- Experience recruiting or managing talent teams outside the US, ideally in EMEA
- A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle and custom recruiting process and coach and lead a team to execute plans seamlessly
- An eye for data and KPIs that help drive decisions on processes and practices to advance our recruitment efforts
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible and generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs and Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, and other discounts
- Phone, Gym, and commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
- Connection with our fans, creators, and partners is at our core, and it’s grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
- We imagine, improve, and deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
- We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, and the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
- Fandom Staff Blog
- Working Remote - Perspective
- State of Fandom
- Fandom Engineering Blog
- Black Lives Matter
Your application has been successfully submitted.