Director of Human Resources
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
Director of HR will be responsible for partnering with senior leadership in the Madrid to develop talent strategies to help shape the studio’s culture to engage employees and drive organizational results. The position will report to Head of Studio and work closely with the VP of HR in based in Los Angeles.
- Partner with studio and production leadership to create and execute a talent strategy that develops and retains high performing employees focused on results
- Assess, anticipate and identify opportunities to deliver initiatives that support the achievement of strategic goals
- Develop collaborative relationships within the HR team (Talent Development, Administration/Operations, and Communications and Initiatives) and leverage experts to create solutions for the studio; share knowledge and best practices that will help HR be more effective across the organization
- Ensure compliance with all applicable labor, equal employment opportunity and related laws and regulations, including regulatory reporting
- Consult and provide thought leadership on organizational design
- Responsible for assessing and establishing compensation and total rewards programs
- Oversee workforce planning, talent assessment and succession planning across the organization; work with leaders to identify and develop the next generation of leaders
- Guide leadership in partnership with HR team on execution of HR programs, processes and strategic initiatives (e.g., performance management, talent management and succession planning, compensation planning)
- Direct the administrative processes in overseeing Payroll, Relocation, and Work Visas
- Manage internal communications and employee initiatives
- Utilize available data and analytics to inform business decisions and assess organizational effectiveness; partner with the business to develop and implement plans to address any issues identified
- Working closely with Talent Development, assess and identify training needs for individuals and organization; develop, evaluate and monitor programs to ensure objectives are met
- Resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Interpret and advise on HR policy; maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day to day management of employees; ensure compliance with all applicable employment policies, regulations and laws
- Responsible for additional projects and responsibilities as identified
- Prevention of Occupational Hazards: coordinate and supervise everything related to occupational health and safety
- 12 or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including 8+ years of management experience
- Must have proven experience scaling an organization in hyper growth mode
- Prior experience supporting a population of 300+
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have expert knowledge of Spanish HR laws and regulations
- HR Certifications, a strong plus
- Previous experience in entertainment, media or related
- The ability to travel as necessary (10% or less)
- A trustworthy, credible individual who is highly collaborative and able to build effective relationships across the organization
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with a demonstrated track record of establishing self as a trusted advisor to the business
- An individual who balances long term, strategic thought with a willingness to engage in both strategic and tactical activities as necessary to get things done
Your application has been successfully submitted.