Vancouver, BC, Canada
General Function: The HR Manager in Vancouver reports to the Director of Human Resources (who is based in Los Angeles) and a dotted line reporting relationship to the Head of Production of the Vancouver studio. The HR Manager manages the HR functions for Vancouver studio employees, supporting the producers and the artists.
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada (currently we are all working remotely, but will be back in-house when stay-at-home orders are lifted)
Employment Status: Full-time salaried (exempt) position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Onboarding: Offer letters to new hires, distribute New Hire Packets to employees on their first day and assist them with filling out the necessary paperwork; review and scan documents; maintain spreadsheet tracking employee start dates, insurance eligibility dates, DOB, SIN, project title, etc.; provide Accounting Department with all relevant paperwork.
- Recruitment: Post jobs as requested on ATS, manage process through ATS, attend recruitment events as warranted and lead efforts for various personnel to attend recruitment events so that Titmouse Canada has a presence at the right events.
- Visas and Work Permits: Work with Head of Production and outside legal counsel to facilitate sponsorship of visas and work permits; track start and expiration dates of visas and work permits in HRIS.
- Benefits Enrollment and Termination: Work with Accounting Department to facilitate benefits enrollment of employees once eligible and cessation of benefits coverage upon termination.
- Employment Termination (layoff, resignation or for cause): Manage termination process, including coordination of termination paperwork, notification to Accounting Department regarding final checques and payout of accrued and unused vacation time.
- Performance Evaluation and Disciplinary Action: Manage processes for employees, including coaching supervisors on appropriate language and action throughout the process, presence in meetings as warranted; coordinate process through Vancouver Head of Production and CA HR Director.
- Notification to other departments of Status Changes: Process forms as necessary, including: Termination, Rate Change, Address Change, etc.
- Documentation supporting residency in British Columbia: Coordinate efforts with Accounting Department to collect relevant documents from employees to prove residency in British Columbia.
- Coordinate efforts with Accounting Department to collect relevant documents from employees to prove citizenship in British Columbia.
- HR Files: Maintain appropriate HR files with copies of all relevant documents; maintain online files on the server with access granted to Vancouver Head of Production, Vancouver Accounting Manager and CA HR Director, and other senior management as warranted.
- Supervision of HR Assistant: Create and monitor performance of tasks, evaluate performance, set goals, and mentor HR Assistant.
- Internship Program: Set curriculum for interns, coach supervisors and managers on how to manage interns; assess intern performance at end of internship; keep accurate and complete records of interns/internships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Required Abilities
- 2-4 years of previous HR Generalist experience
- HR certification or degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to be detail-oriented and flexible/adaptable
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Previous experience with HRIS and ATS systems/software preferred
Don't forget to attach your resume!
Your application has been successfully submitted.