VP, Talent Management - On-Air Talent
Culver City, CA, USA
The NFL Media team is everything about the creative expression, and manifestation, of delivering powerhouse storytelling programs and platforms centered around football. We are a passionate team working hard to build the most in-depth access and quality entertainment content around the greatest game ever played.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Talent Management – On-Air to join our leadership team and lead the in-house acquisition and development of our On-Air Talent. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Content, the Vice President, Talent Management – On-Air is the key position responsible for identifying, recruiting, managing, coaching, training and developing a team of Hosts, Anchors, Analysts, and Guests in all aspects of their job including on-air, digital, image and off-air contributions such as social and multi-media.
- Oversee overall talent strategy and budget in support of NFL Media’s business objectives to reach and engage fans, generate revenue growth, and build strategic value
- Day-to-day management of on-air and digital Talent while monitoring the performance of each, providing ongoing 1:1 coaching and feedback for all on- and off-air activities.
- Develop Talent and create individual growth plans and strategies focused on specific opportunities, talents and interests aligned with NFL Media needs.
- Identify and recruit top tier Talent candidates.
- Conduct auditions and/or interviews in order to evaluate potential Talent.
- Maintains a strong network and portfolio of Talent; specially identifying a diverse Talent pipeline as well as developing strong relationships with agents to deliver appropriate Talent to NFL Media.
- Develop feedback standards across all production units to ensure regular, consistent and honest feedback; tie feedback to ratings analysis with appropriate input from other NFL Media departments (Research, etc.)
- Develop strong relationships with content leaders to inform and guide content decisions through the talent lens.
- Develop processes to assess and implement cross platform and cross departmental utilization of Talent.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside consultants to assist in the development and scheduling of Talent.
- Work is reviewed from a short- to mid-term perspective and against objectives, budgets and schedules. Translates strategies for talent relations function into short-term objectives for areas of accountability.
- Involved in disciplinary process whenever it is appropriate.
- Review of talent on other digital platforms (e.g. podcast)
- Evaluation and negotiation of renewals for Talent
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years’ experience managing studio talent for a large media company OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate for this key position must have a demonstrated record of success and increasing responsibility within the area of Talent management preferably in the sports area.
- Proven leader in establishing key objectives and setting direction for a team.
- In depth knowledge of and prior accountability for developing Talent in a media environment.
- Ability to be both a leader and a team player and to influence while building relationships.
- The successful candidate will not only roll up their sleeves to address and resolve issues but will bring fresh thinking to the Talent Development Department.
- The candidate will possess superior negotiation, communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Success in cultivating collaborative relationship with both internal and external constituencies.
- Prior live production experience in a sports Network a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.