Talent Acquisition Partner
Portland Trail Blazers
Portland, OR, USA
Become a part of the team behind the team!
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our Talent Acquisition Partner, you will lead the organization’s recruitment strategies and initiatives both internally and externally. You will build, implement, and assess programs and policies that supports the development of strong applicant pipelines that organically leads to inclusive hiring of talent into the organization. This role reports to the Sr. Director of People & Culture.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment and selection of full- and part-time employees for all business units to include purposeful job posting, candidate pre-screening, collaboration with hiring managers, making recommendations for hire, and coordinating a successful onboarding.
- Collaborate with leaders to identify and anticipate departmental business needs around core people activities that supports individuals and teams.
- Build positive collaborations with applicants, employees, P&C team members, recruiting contacts/vendors, training and development contacts, and internal leadership team to attract the best talent for positions.
- Provide proactive partnership as a change agent and culture advocate that empowers our leaders and employees to drive success for themselves and within their teams.
- Deliver innovative and creative recruiting solutions that attract a diverse pool of candidates and elevates our recruitment practices.
- Support staffing plan discussions and analysis with Director of P&C to plan for and perform annual and mid-year staffing assessments for the organization.
- Evaluate the recruiting process and make recommendations for improvement to continuously evolve candidate pipeline and service levels.
- Ensure all interviewing/hiring practices aligns with applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity, immigration, and company policy.
- Partner with People & Culture COEs in supporting the creation and implementation of key ongoing initiatives such as DEI and learning and development.
- Lead internship recruiting efforts by attending internship-focused career fairs, hosting students at Rose Quarter (RQ) events, forming relationships with college career centers; organizing and hosting job shadows; and assessing possibility for future engagement with interviewees.
- Conduct interview training for hiring managers and interview panel to ensure employment law compliance and an outstanding candidate experience.
- Support the evolution of recruiting metrics dashboard shared with Senior Leadership in partnership with DEI team.
We’d Like to Hear From You If You
- Applicant Tracking System experience required with proven understanding of iCIMS ATS preferred.
- Aptitude and affinity for using social media in recruiting practices in a way that reinforces our employment brand.
- Sophisticated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office, and other related recruiting software as required for position.
- Firm knowledge of related employment laws and standard methodologies.
- Must appreciate working independently with minimal direction, while still meeting all departmental and organizational goals.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of audiences and departments to cultivate collaboration and effective communication.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills; capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality and express high standards of integrity.
- Ability to adapt in fast paced, vibrant environment.
- Decisive with a “big picture” perspective.
Your application has been successfully submitted.