Director of Learning & Development
New York, NY, USA
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Learning & Development (L&D) Leader to support our global teams. This role is responsible for creating and implementing global training and development programs across multiple studios and disciplines for Rockstar. This is an opportunity to transform and grow our learning culture into an organization where development opportunities are imbedded across all functions. The role will identify and drive “best in class” programs for learning pathways and talent management to support all levels of training and development opportunities.
This position requires a subject matter expert to build and implement a comprehensive L&D and Talent development strategy that will support the growth of all employees while they reach their highest potential and build rewarding careers at Rockstar Games.
What We Do
- The Learning & Development team partners with HR and Leadership to create a systemic platform for training, talent development, and career progression at Rockstar Games to ensure our employees benefit from the best programs and achieve their goals.
- We are responsible for designing the systems, processes, and capabilities within the organization to drive talent management and leadership development, in support of our long-term strategy & growth plans.
- We define and implement how we create, curate, and deliver development experiences and learning paths.
- We design curriculum, facilitate training courses, and provide the tools to advance the careers of Rockstar employees.
- We consult and provide strategic direction with internal stakeholders to assess needs and activate training courses, recommend external options, or develop specific L&D initiatives where appropriate.
- Architect, implement, and execute bespoke training content and learning experiences for new hires and seasoned professionals – focusing on hard and soft skill improvement and professional development.
- Conduct and oversee training sessions, including management coaching and leadership development, ensuring opportunities across all levels.
- Review and evaluate curriculums regularly to ensure an optimal and up to date experience.
- Implement continual learning programs to ensure our teams remain at the cutting edge of new content and procedures.
- Partner strategically with internal departments to understand key business objectives along with team/individual needs and consistently translate and prioritize these into the training roadmap.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across functions and regions to ensure that the L&D deliverables are aligned with company-wide and business-specific needs while also balancing global consistency and local customization when appropriate.
- Collaborate with vendors and third-party training providers to offer a full range of learning opportunities and programs.
- Bring best in class approaches and provide a variety of platforms to ensure high impact learning experiences - whether in person or virtual.
- Establish and drive talent assessment, career progression and coaching with leaders; evaluate skillsets and gaps based on level, role, and discipline.
- Provide data-driven presentations to department heads and HR colleagues that track and evaluate program effectiveness for improvement plans.
- Support, inspire, and develop a team of L&D professionals.
- 10+ years of active, hands-on experience leading, building and implementing learning strategies with a focus on improving leadership capability, talent strategies, and organizational learning.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably with a focus in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, or Education.
- Working knowledge and implementation experience of a Learning Management System (LMS), Employee Engagement, and related systems / platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience with instructional design and end-to-end learning process, i.e. learning evaluation, program design, development, and delivery.
- Strong executive presence, world-class communication (verbal, written, presentation), facilitation, and training skills.
- Ability to interpret employee needs and translate these into a coherent training programs and actionable items.
- Strong consultative and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage constant change, and the ability to work through organizational complexity and ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work with local teams to influence and impact on a global scale.
- An empathetic style: an ability to build trusted relationships and influence behavior and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience driving company-wide diversity and inclusion learning initiatives.
- Prior experience in a rapidly growing, global company, preferably within the gaming, media or tech industry.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process
Your application has been successfully submitted.