Leamington Spa, UK
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As HR Manager you are a confident communicator with plenty of experience in the different areas of HR having created and implemented HR business strategies from scratch.
You’ll be part of the Talent Acquisition team and will help our employees to be the best they can be.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure everyone is happy and reaches their full potential, helping the company achieve all their goals!”
What you will really be doing
- Developing and implementing high quality HR strategies to ensure an efficient team that is well treated, supported and motivated.
- Taking care of the process required to employ any international/remote employee, handling any external companies required to support the legal compliance in each country.
- Employee relations and engagement.
- Performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Coaching of line managers to ensure they develop the necessary people skills / competencies to manage their team.
- Overseeing learning and development of the team.
- Creating metrics and analysis to showcase the main KPIs related to the HR function.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure our games are extremely high quality and bug free.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Minimum of CIPD Level 5 or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working in an operational HR management role, within a fast moving environment.
- Experience in creating and implementing HR business strategies and models from scratch.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for games would be a plus.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
Your application has been successfully submitted.