Production HR Manager - META
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, curiosity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our culture.
Netflix is looking for a motivated and dynamic person to join the Production HR Team to help shape this function during an exciting period of transition and growth. We want to create the best content around the globe for our members but we also think how we do that matters and that’s where Production HR comes in. The Production HR Manager will work as a part of the EMEA Production HR team with specific focus on Netflix Original productions within Middle East, Turkey and Africa. Acting as a thought partner to on-set production leadership as well as internal cross functional teams to bring the safest, most inclusive and respectful production experience to our writers, cast, crew, and post teams working on Netflix productions across the globe. In doing this, we look to ensure the execution of their vision is aligned with how we work at Netflix.
The North star for the Netflix Production HR team is to support our industry in changing the way content is made around the globe, helping shape the culture by ensuring differing perspectives are embraced, nurtured, and empowered to enable all to contribute to the creation of our original content.
This is not a traditional HRBP role and is more about creative problem solving than it is about following HR processes and procedures. We work closely with partner production companies to consult, influence and guide as they make productions under the Netflix banner. It’s a new and unique role within Netflix and the wider industry, and with that comes a unique challenge as well as great rewards.
As such the ideal candidate will be flexible, curious and tenacious, with the ability to influence and have impact in a fast-growing and fast-paced environment across a diverse range of countries and cultures. This role will suit someone who is excited by the opportunity to do something different, to seek out opportunities for change and development in the industry, to build a function from the ground up and to work with creative people in an exciting and ever evolving environment. There is no manual, so this role needs someone who is confident when dealing with ambiguity and can work based on sound judgement and initiative.
The Production HR Manager will report to the Director, Production HR (EMEA and LATAM) and will be based in Amsterdam with regular travel to other Netflix offices in the region, as well as local productions.
- Partner with and coach internal and external production teams to provide support and guidance on all people related issues throughout the lifecycle of a production.
- Working with the Director, Production HR and internal partners to identify areas of opportunity for improving the production working environment taking into account the varied and unique challenges and opportunities of each country.
- Supporting Netflix in achieving its creative ambitions in a scalable manner, through developing relationships with in-country experts and partners to help the business navigate new environments and build cultural IQ.
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of training programmes for production leadership, cast and crew members looking at ways to innovate and evolve to meet current challenges.
- Ensure all productions operate in line with our standards around anti-harrassment provisions and coordinate the facilitation of anti-harrassment training where required.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labour standards, especially with regards to child actors/minors on set and other applicable local and international labour standards.
- Work with our internal Employment Legal team to act as the informed captains on any Employee relations related issues on a production
- HR consultant, where you’ve had to problem solve creatively
- Experience of working within this region and across a number of countries
- Experience of, working autonomously and thinking on your feet
- Insight into and a curiosity around Inclusion and Diversity, current developments in the space and how to practically apply them in the workplace
- Project management experience - the ability to generate an idea and see it through to completion
- Experience of building a network of specialist and expert contacts
- Knowledge of the production environment (desirable)
- Experience of conflict resolution and crisis management
- The courage and tenacity to jump in and use initiative and judgment to solve complex people issues without relying on policy and procedure
- A collaborative style with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions
Your application has been successfully submitted.