Executive Assistant, HR (12 month contract)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies including: international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Daisybeck, Blackfin and Whizz Kid Entertainment; live entertainment leaders Round Room Live; world-class music companies Audio Network, Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
The Executive Assistant will provide professional and confidential support to the EVP, Global HR for eOne. As a proven high-achiever and polished professional, you have exceptional time management and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be positive and resourceful with an energetic demeanor and a proven track record of providing outstanding executive assistance.
- Provide professional and confidential executive support
- Screen incoming requests to determine priority level, including visitors, phone calls, and incoming mail
- Arranging audio & video conference calls and scheduling meetings
- Managing executive calendar
- Manage HR Budget, forecasting, reporting and invoicing against budget
- Manage monthly expense reports
- Manage the Global HR mailbox, responsible for sending emails on behalf of the EVP and Global HR
- Drafting and crafting EVP and Global HR communications
- Assist in promotion and coordination of HR programs and events
- Produce regular reports and updates on metrics and activities
- Manage travel arrangements and proactively check on cancellations or delays to ensure alternate arrangements are made
- Work closely with other assistants to coordinate meetings
- Manage EVP, HR files and data organization
- Create high caliber presentations for Town Halls, Executive and Board Meetings using PowerPoint, Visio or other software packages
- Important event tracking
- Administration, coordination and/or tracking of various projects, files, and initiatives
- Billing/expense tracking and approval coordination
- Other general administrative duties that may arise
- Coordination of HR Leadership and Global HR Team meetings and events.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams
- Passion and enthusiasm for entertainment
- Creativity and event management experience
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under tight time frames
- A self-starter who can work both independently and function well within a team
- Project Management skills
- Demonstrate strong independent judgment and a high degree of interpersonal effectiveness to be able to deal with stakeholders across various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where flexibility, keeping others informed and anticipating needs is essential
- Relationship builder and able to interact respectfully and confidently with internal executives, executive assistants and external contacts
- Ability to manage efficiently in a multi-tasked environment and ensure deadlines are met by prioritizing work flow
- Strong people and conflict management skills
What you’ll be a part of:
- Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
- Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Your application has been successfully submitted.